How to Protect and Prepare Yourself on your Commute Against Coronavirus (COVID-19)
What is the corona virus?
Coronaviruses are common throughout the world. The corona virus is any of a group of RNA viruses that cause disease in humans and other animals.
The current, corona virus disease of 2019, called COVID-19 is an aggressive strain.
How is it spread?
The virus is thought to spread mainly through person-to-person contact in these ways:
- In these cases it is between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
How contagious is it?
In the case of COVID-19 it seems to be spreading easily and sustainably by community spreading. Futher, it seems that people are likely most contagious when they are:
- Symptomatic with the disease
- Or when they are infected yet prior to being symptomatic.
SHOULD I WEAR A MASK?
- Persons who are experiencing flu-like symptoms should where masks and limit travel
- Persons who are traveling in close quarters and are immune-compromised should consider a mask
- Persons recovering from an illness about to travel
Ways to protect yourself from the coronavirus?
Close contact with lots of people during travel can lead to a heightened awareness to sick persons and with this awareness there are ways to protect yourself. Keeping sanitation products on hand are essential for commuters and air travelers.
So how do you keep clean and protect yourself?
When you get home from your day of work after traveling on a bus, subway, rail, or by air, you can give your stuff a quick spray with lysol. This can limit disease spreading and ease anxiety about it.
There's also a small travel sized one for your bag or carry on.
We've included links to some of the easy and effective ways to disinfect on and after your commute.
Purell is definitely the easiest way to do your part after long subway rides. Considering how long the COVID-19 can stay on surfaces, taking a few more precautionary means is a proactive way to deal with this.
Try some of the travel wipes to wipe down your tray table on the airplane.
Reusable & Washable Masks
Reusable & WAshable Mask With designs
The COVID-19 is not to be taken lightly and protecting yourself with these easy steps are effective and smart ways to give you comfort on your commute!
Stay safe and smart.